The Austrian Notices to Skippers are provided by the Supreme Navigation Authority and via donau on behalf of the Austrian Ministry of Transport, Innovation and Technology according to the international standard for Notices to Skippers.
The Notices to Skippers can be retrieved at https://nts.doris.bmvit.gv.at
Official Austrian Notices to Skippers:
- Fairway and traffic related messages according to the NtS Standard about limitations, blockages and other events of significance for inland navigation
- Water related message according to the NtS standard
Daily water levels as well as 24 hour predictions for the gauges Kienstock and Wildungsmauer in case the water level is below average
- Ice message according to the NtS Standard for a specific waterway section
- Enhanced ice message: Information on ice condition in locks as well as in ports and tributaries
- Summary ice report providing an overview about ice on the whole Austrian Danube
- Fairway information overview providing a daily executive summary about water levels, lock conditions and effective fairway and traffic related messages
Further information to this service can be downloaded in PDF format.
For remarks or questions to this service please contact Christoph Plasil (nts[at]viadonau.org) or Bernd Birklhuber (bernd.birklhuber[at]bmvit.gv.at). via donau shall not be made liable for the correctness of the data.